Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi everyone - I'm new here. :)

I have been having ongoing problems starting my 1992 Loyale and it has been diagnosed as needing to have replaced the idle air control valve and/or the throttle position sensor. The repair shop has notified me that they are having trouble finding the parts anywhere. Does anyone know where we might be able to locate them?

Where have you tried so far ? 

Subaru dealerships may be able to help.  RockAuto online is usually a good source for most parts.  A google search almost always turns up something.

Many parts stores will special order,  may take longer and cost more.  Your local salvage yards are an option.  Did you check the "for sale" ads on this website ? Sometimes folks part out vehicles.

Edited by Dee2
  • Like 1

Thank you both for the suggestions! I've been working with a mechanic but they've had trouble finding the parts anywhere even though they've tried numerous sources.

I've been advised to try contacting some repair shops that specialize in Subarus - can anyone recommend any in Western Washington?

I have a wrecked 1991 Subaru Loyale. It ran and drove after the wreck but it doesnt run now due too me taking off fuel pump throttle body and tune up supplies. It might have those parts, I am thinking about parting out the car, I am just needing to know prices on everything before I part it. I dont exactly know what those sensors are and where they are but I could look and try to find. I am located in western washington

• Like 1

Where at in western washington are you? Im in aberdeen and there is a wrecking yard up the street from me and they have a few Loyales there. 

I am in Aberdeen also haha. Which one is it? I only know of one that has 1 or two and thats emery's

• 4 weeks later...

I still need to find the parts to fix my 1992 Loyale - does anyone have any ideas where to look? I found a Subaru repair shop to work with, but they are having a difficult time locating them anywhere. I think we are basically at the point where we need to find someone who has a car to part out...

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Ebay has   2  used  complete throttle body,s  for sale .  That would include the throttle pos.  sensor and Idle air control , the Idle air control would not prevent the car from starting .  It just wont idle . 

there are now  3 listed    from  50  to 70 dollars  .

Edited by ivantruckman
  • Like 1