Ultimate Subaru Message Board

32/36 Webber choke

So the choke on my Webber doesn't work. Not actually sure how it works... but hopefully these pictures will upload. Nothing is connected. Not sure if you guys could give me some insight. Please help. Also need to get my oil pressure gage working. Not sure what needs to be hooked up. I have one wire hooked to what I believe is the sensing unit. I'll upload pics of that as well. Thank you in advanced. Lastly. On cylinder number 2 I'm getting spark at the distributor and spark off the plug but when I disconnect it at the distributor the engine doesn't idle any different like it might not be getting fuel... or could it be bad compression? Not to sure. Trying to get this thing running stronger than it is. Odometer reads 235k miles. What should I look at doing/changing fluids wise or anything else. Car could use a tune up.

when you say nothing is connected, do you mean the choke isn't connected? If so, then just use the old hitachi choke wires for a 12V ignition source and connect one of them to the choke. I would try a compression test on the bad cylinder. FYI it's Weber with one b not two.

Edited by Sapper 157