Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi from New Zealand

Just saying gidday from New Zealand. Really pleased there's a go-to forum online.

I own a old girl, 93 Impreza HX, 1800cc. Was looking up a problem with the car, and stumbled upon this site

Looking forward to using this site. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mine's a 93 Impreza HX, (Japanese import, slightly modified)... pretty old for a Impreza in New Zealand :) . Yep, There's a amazing amount of knowledge on this site. I'm a really big fan of Subaru's as well, owned three over the yearl. NZ has meant to have the most Subaru's per head of population in the world. We have a population of just over 4 million.

Picture 138

Edited by Tim67

Love your car. I like the year of that design. That is weird you have an 1800. Still good, but I had a friend you had that car with the 2.5. I guess you could always upgrade to a 2.2 when she needs it. Another great motor. Actually, the 1800 may be the same block that just needs to be bored up. Check into that.

Blocks are different in terms of casting sleeve size. It would be far cheaper to change the block than to fit new sleeves and bore them out (unless you had to keep the outwards appearance of an EJ18 for local roadworthy, as we do down under).

And welcome OP :)