Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 Legacy Wagon 2.2 Extended Crank Issue

I have a 99 legacy 2.2 wagon with 220k miles on it. Within the last 6 months ive been having a extended crank issue after sitting for 30 mins or more.  If the car sits overnight it will usually start right up but kinda stumbles for the first few seconds. Ive been chasing this problem for a while. ive done multiple tests and fixes to no avial. Ive replaced the Fuel pressure regulator, the MAF, Fuel filter and the entire fuel pump assembly. Ive tested the fuel pressure and when its running it stays around 35-40 psi and when the FPR is disconnected it jumps to about 45psi. When i try to start the car if i bump the gas it starts up in about half the amount of time. I have no CEL and no smoke at startup.  Im lost at what to do next.

Thanks for your time.

Im sorry i should of added that to OP. The car looses almost all fuel pressure within 20 minutes of shutdown. Im under the impression that if the injectors are leaking that i would have black smoke at startup?

Edited by Gmckfan99

hmm....I'm kinda wondering if this could be either a dirty/gummy throttle body or maybe an IACV issue.

just some other things to investigate if it seem the fuel issue isn't the problem.

also, maybe pull spark plugs after it sits for 30 mins. to see if one is wet with fuel - that cyl's injector might be leaking?

Ok so as you guys respond, more and more of what i have done comes up. I'm sorry for the poor details. I have had the throttle body cleaned at the dealer when i had water in the gas due to a rusting filler neck so the entire top end was cleaned at that time. Ive checked the IACV and it seems to be operational. I have yet to pull any plugs, that seems to be my next place to look.