Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am looking for the best replacement tires for my 2014 Outback. It is used for city 60%/highway40% combination. It is also used for long trips in warmer weather. I live in Wisconsin weather. Might as well as for suggestions for new brakes also.

Edited by jeannot

Read reviews on tirerack.  Michellin nearly everything they make is really good - but they're pricey.  Shop reviews on tirerack, discount tire, and other online retailers and just google tire suggestions. 

Brakes - Get new pads and clean/regrease the slides with high quality grease like Sil-Glyde or better. 

OEM pads are excellent, any pad is going to "stop" about the same on a daily driver, higher end stuff will be less prone to premature wear, dirt, etc.  The cheapest pads you can buy stop the car great but they're terribly dirty and i've seen them last less than a year (though I hvaen't seen them last that short of a time on Subarus). 

I prefer a higher end ceramic but there's a zillion good pads out there that are going to readily lock up your tires regardless of what brand/price/style they are, so you'll gain nearly nothing on pad choice. 

^^^ what he said

jeannot - if you have a Discount Tire shop near you, go in and have an honest discussion about how you drive and what your budget is. Great folks, decent prices and awesome customer service. (you know not to put just 2 tires on right? all 4 must be the same 'rolling radius')

if you want to drop down a tier or 2 on tire brand from Michelin to save a little money, take a look at Pirelli Cinturato, another drop might be Kumho . But DT local to you may have better suggestions for you since they would be familiar with the weather.

agree on name brand or top-of-line store brand (NAPA, etc.)  ceramic brake pads being a good choice - as good as OEM for less money.

brake system inspection, lube , bleeding or fluid flush important too.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan