Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy!

Hello, 

New to the group but have been using it a resource since I bought my 95 Legacy L wagon a few months ago. Old lady car with only 91K on it that I picked up for $1600. Been sitting in the Florida sun for 20 years but in pretty good mechanical shape when I bought her. I knew the timing belt/water pump replacement was on the horizon when I bought it and sure enough the water pump started leaking then gushing. Replaced it along with the timing belt, tensioner and idler pulleys last weekend. Much easier job than I ever could have imagined due to the configuration and simplicity of the EJ22 engine. Replaced the plugs and wires as well and she runs like a champ. Ugly as the day is long but I really like the car a lot! I bought it when my 03 Pontiac Vibe sh*t the bed at 234K. My commute is about 80 miles round trip per day so I wanted something that I could just put a ton of miles on and not have to worry about. I can also put just a ton of gear in it for when I head down to my boat or go camping or whatever. 

post-65992-0-48595800-1486669758_thumb.jpg

Edited by skiesrblue