Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 gl ea82 vacuum line questions

Not a mechanic just barely a diy so please bare with me. so I replaced the timing belts, water pump, and valve cover seals own my ea82 and every thing went great except I took the air breather off to get the compressor off and valve covers off. Now I can't remember how the vacuum line go????. I've got all the the little one hooked up it just the 3 big ones on the driver side and the two big ones on the passenger side goes. this is a U.S model. And yes I know now that was stupid to unhook all that because it was probably unnecessary but o well I'm learning ????☺️

I don't have a way to post a pic right now. Hopefully someone will come along soon. Factory service manual has this information, there are some parts of it online somewhere. More or less the 2 valve cover breathers are connected. There's a t in the line that goes to the pcv valve. Another t goes to the intake boot, if you have the tsb mod or car that came out after it.

Thanks Davet greatly appreciated what is the tsb model if you don't mind me asking. I think mine only has one t in it. If I could figure out how to post pics I would. I bought a Chilton manual but I can't tell any thing from the digram

Edited by Tyler94w

A factory service manual is what you want to keep an eye out for.

The mod I mentioned is from a technical service bullitin. On cars without it, the rocket cover vent lines go up to the intake boot separately. The drivers side one still has a t to the pcv. But this causes a problem with long medium to high g turns to the right. A bigger line and 2nd t fixes it.

• 3 weeks later...

went to the local subey dealer ship hopeing to find a vacuum digram came up empty handed then called a mechanic that works on Subarus he could not remember how the vacuum lines went. Will Mail somebody $20 if they snap a couple of pic's of a carbed ea82 vacuum lines that come out of the manifold. My truck is about to kill me at 10mpg???? plus I just miss driving the little scoob