Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should I? 90 Loyale Wg

I drive by a 1990 Loyale Wagon 4WD everyday on the way to school. I stopped and had a look, clean interior, very low miles at 97k, owner says it runs great. The downside is it's got a fair amount of cancer (Chicago car), and the alloy wheels' finish is beyond repair. I haven't started it up or anything, but the guy says he'll let it go for $600 coz it's sitting at his work and his boss wants it gone. Should I scrape my change together and eat Ramen noodles for the next 3 weeks to buy it, or just let it go? To find a 4WD 80's Subaru here in Orlando is quite rare, but I already have a 4WD nonturbo XT, for sure the only one in town... I'd have 3 freekin cars if I got this thing! :rolleyes:

Whaddyall think?

I drive by a 1990 Loyale Wagon 4WD everyday on the way to school. I stopped and had a look, clean interior, very low miles at 97k, owner says it runs great. The downside is it's got a fair amount of cancer (Chicago car), and the alloy wheels' finish is beyond repair. I haven't started it up or anything, but the guy says he'll let it go for $600 coz it's sitting at his work and his boss wants it gone. Should I scrape my change together and eat Ramen noodles for the next 3 weeks to buy it, or just let it go? To find a 4WD 80's Subaru here in Orlando is quite rare, but I already have a 4WD nonturbo XT, for sure the only one in town... I'd have 3 freekin cars if I got this thing! :rolleyes:

Whaddyall think?

do eet!

you can never to many subarus ;)

make a bush wagon!! Check for serious flaky rust around the struts, front frame channels, and rear suspension points. Tap them too with a small hammer or even a screwdriver, cause the undercoating can hide alot (I know from experience now :banghead: ) Cut the fenders, put 27s on pugs or drilled toyota wheels and a dr tranny, paint it camo and giv'er!

Being in Florida, I don't think it's going to get any worse. Replacing body panels would get rid of about 80% of it.

I think what I'm just going to do is save my money with the mindset of getting it, and when I have enough, if the car is still there and I think it's worthwhile, I'll get it. If not, I'll have $600 to throw a party with! :banana:

The other question is: where would I put it?? I only have a 1-car garage, my Legacy gets to sit outside for now while the XT is in pieces.

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, I'm really not going to have a walrus over it.