Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wheel & lug pattern question...again

i understand that many people purchase the pug wheels because of the 4 lug pattern but where i work i have noticed an old bmw 2002 with a 4 lug pattern rim and a honda civic with a 4 lug pattern rim. will these fit a subaru? just wondering. i thought most passenger cars were 5 lug. thanks for any insight.

Nope. The Subarus' lug spaceing is different. 144mm, I think. Wereas the others: BMW, Toy, honduh, ford, chevy, etc.. all have a smaller spacing. K? Unfortunatly, Pugs are the only alternitive. Unless U wish to convert to the Toy 6 lug or redrill a set of chevy rims.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest taprackready
Sorry to hijack but,GD when you drill the Chevy 6 hole rims do you just use a Sube wheel to make a template,line up two holes on the 6 hole with the template and drill.Dave.

I can't tell if you have a question or are answering the original poster's question.

Because I would use a hub, not a wheel to make a template. I'd press out two lugs, bolt the hub to the chevy wheel and mark the wheel to drill two new holes.

Bill

Yep - taprack has the right idea. That's what I did. That's the procudure that's been floating around for a while. You can also take the hubs to a machine shop and have them drilled for 6 lugs - they can even spline the holes for the lugs.....

Make sure there are not raised bumps where you need to drill on the rim. I've encountered some steel wheels that can't be drilled because the surface isn't flat between the existing holes.

GD