Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 loyale swap

I have a 93 fwd loyale (ea82) and an 87 4wd XT turbo... Now... the XT is jacked up (it was my old rally car)... and parts/spares availability is killing me... Now... will the ea82T bolt into the loyale or is this going to suck...(if it doesnt can i take the turbo from the XT and bolt it on the loyale?) and if it does fit... can i use the tranny from the loyale. I Really dont want to try and figure out how to make the loyale 4wd. (the XT isnt all time 4wd though so if i have to use that tranny can i just take off the driveshaft?) Any info would rock.. I love the XT but its rally days are over and the loyale is next!

anything from the xt will swap pver.

you can change the loyale to 4wd by swapping the tranny, driveshaft, and rear suspension assembly.

its a lot of work, but its all straight forward and bolt-on.

the turbo motor will physically fit in the loyale, but you will have to wire up the turbo's ecu. you can use the existing fuel lines/system, and out the turbo fuel pump in the loyale

if its the pushbutton 4wd you will have to swap all the vacuum actuators to the loyale

you may have to make a mount for the carrier bearing of the driveshaft, since 2wd models wont have them(at least the 88 sedan didnt, i dont know about loyale)

to sum it up what i am saying is you have all the parts you need between both cars, its just a matter of how deep into a project you want to be.