Ultimate Subaru Message Board

97 Battlewagon

flatoutnos

I have been asked by multiple people all over Instagram (@flatoutnos if you are curious) to start a build log for my car so here I am (Hope this is the right place). I have a 97 Legacy Outback with a 4 inch SJR lift and 235/75/15 tires on Cragar soft 8's. I have all polyurethane bushings, 07 Forester brakes in front, 02 WRX rear calipers with the H6 rotor and stainless lines. I have done a lot to this wagon, honestly to much to remember. Here are a few pics of the current setup.

post-60477-0-35393600-1487481868_thumb.jpg

post-60477-0-72364900-1487481889_thumb.jpg

post-60477-0-54267500-1487481910_thumb.jpgpost-60477-0-11190600-1487481919_thumb.jpg

post-60477-0-03665500-1487481931_thumb.jpg

I recently blew either the center or front diff so the car is only rwd now. I was already in the process of buying parts for a motor build so I figured why not just go ahead and do both right now. The plans for it as of now include welding the center diff and adding a divorced transfer case and an R160 in the front. I am going to add more lift, maybe custom coilovers or something not entirely sure yet. The goal is to fit 33's on it. As for the motor I am building the EJ25D in it. I have Arias forged 9:5:1 pistons for it and Cobb street cams. I am going to add forged H beam rods and an Eaton M90 supercharger. Of course a lot of other things are going to happen as well just haven't decided yet. Not sure if this is the right place to start a "Build Log" but after searching for .5 seconds this seemed like an appropriate place. 

You can clear 33s with a strut bottom lift, but that wont be your biggest hurdle.

The trans will have a very hard time on 33s and I'd expect some further diff failures. I would think you'd want to gear down somehow to go that big.

guy in ohio makes a custom bellhousing to mate a W series toyota transmission to an EJ subaru motor. I may go that route in reverse to put a subaru power plant in my 4runner if the motor ever fails in it.

• Like 2

You can clear 33s with a strut bottom lift, but that wont be your biggest hurdle.

The trans will have a very hard time on 33s and I'd expect some further diff failures. I would think you'd want to gear down somehow to go that big.

guy in ohio makes a custom bellhousing to mate a W series toyota transmission to an EJ subaru motor. I may go that route in reverse to put a subaru power plant in my 4runner if the motor ever fails in it.

I plan on adding a samurai transfer case with a 6.5:1 crawl ratio.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...