Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just purchased a 2017 Outback with the Navigation panel.  I plugged my home address into the GPS and it took me three houses from the correct location.  Tried 4 different addresses within a 10 mile area and ALL were off by 4 or 5 houses.  Updated the sims card from the factory to no avail.  My 2 Garmins read perfectly.  Also the arrow representing the vehicle is off by approximately the same distance as the address I put in the GPS.  The arrow lags the actual distance traveling by about 100 feet.  i.e. the arrow hasn't come to an intersection, even though I've actually. passed through the intersection. Dealer can't seem to know what is wrong and the factory don't want to address the issue.  They keep passing the issue back to the GPS mapping people and they say it's not their problem.

Weird. Is there any condition which might interfere with satellite reception?

I just today brought home a 2017 Outback 2.5 Limited. The nav brought me to my mailbox at the bottom of my 1/4 mile driveway perfectly, even though I had not taken the quickest way home forcing the nav system to do several recalculations. In all I was pleasantly surprised at how well the system performed (actually I'm f**king delighted with it !!).

• 3 months later...

Out of the blue my 2015 Legacy NAV is now 50 to 100 feet off. Fought like a rabid dog with Subaru and they agreed to install a new head unit and antenna. With the work done it's still off by the same amount. They told me that "spec" is withing 300 feet...seems like it's time to dump Subaru and buy a real car. Missing every highway exit by 300 feet does not seem like something I should pay for. Thank GOD it's a lease and not something I own. Counting the days til 12/9 when I can hand back the keys to this hunk of crap car.

Anybody else have the same issues?

I just want to say as someone who drives for a living I have yet to encounter a GPS that wasn't off time to time or all the time by that many feet or more. You can't really judge a car by its GPS in any other way has it been unreliable??