Ultimate Subaru Message Board

coolant in exhaust! weber conevert

ok so i havent had time to do a leakdown test or compression test yet, but i have coolant in the exhaust. this is a weber converted ea82 car. i figured worst case scenario is a blown headgasket, but oil is not milky. leads me to another thing, coolant passage for carb is not welded or even jb welded. this is a weber conversion so theres still a coolant passage below the carb. if the carb gasket blows im assuming coolant can flow into the intake manifold?

ok so i havent had time to do a leakdown test or compression test yet, but i have coolant in the exhaust. this is a weber converted ea82 car. i figured worst case scenario is a blown headgasket, but oil is not milky. leads me to another thing, coolant passage for carb is not welded or even jb welded. this is a weber conversion so theres still a coolant passage below the carb. if the carb gasket blows im assuming coolant can flow into the intake manifold?

Check out step 4 of the installation procedure http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/161649-ea81-weber-conversion-writeup/?do=findComment&comment=1347335

You're supposed to seal the coolant passage with JB weld or use traditional welding to shut the hole

Edited by Sapper 157