Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Haz anyone done this swap ? I just put the jdm swap in my 2009 wrx changed the intake manifold exhaust manifold wire harness crank sprocket and cam gears got it all together and it runs rough if you hit the gas pedal and wont hold idle and is throwing cel code p2433 maybe im missing something in the swap or swapped something i wasnt supposed to

Not if it's a dual AVCS engine. Most from Japan in that range are. We only get that on '08+ STI and the EZ/FB chain engines.

You can run AVCS engines without the control but to do it correctly you need to swap the cam sprockets and block the cam nose oil ports with set screws.

The P2433 is complaining about the air injection pressure sensor which is located in the valve under the drivers side of the intake manifold. That one DOES need to stay even if you delete the air pump system as the engine uses it for mixture control.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

Will to bet you have one of the ej20x/y engines from a jdm 4th gen legacy. The early variant seems to be the most common, they don't have the air injection system installed on them. As such they're missing the atmospheric pressure sensor that is integrated into part of that system. The best way to fix this would be to use some of the parts off your old engine as seen in this write up. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-2009-air-pump-delete-cel-codes-and-ecu-fix-140259.html

The 07-09 lgt uses the same engine as the 08-14 wrx (06-14 if we're talking longblocks), so this write up will be what you need.