Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone ever put a EA motor on a Motorcycle?

I dont know, I was just curious... Kinda stupid, but I thought about it ever since I saw one of those older carborated, dual exhaust port head, 1.4l EA's from a mid 70's coupe at a junkyard. I thought, "that would be awesome on a motorcyle" LOL!!!

Then again, I might be crazy...

Thoughts?

Not silly at all! Isnt the Valcuires (spelling? sorry...) the ones that run horizontaly opposed engines? I see them running around town all the time here. Also BMW put H engines in some of their bikes. You could certainly put an EA or ... maybe an EJ series engine on a bike frame :brow:

My local subaru mechanic made a trike out of a ej20. I think BMW has a horizontal motor in thier motorcycles and, it looks like you would not want to lean this bike over too far before the motor hits the ground.The flat 4 seems to be kind of a wide motor for a 2 wheeled bike in my opinion.Unless it was a drag bike. then you want turbo w/NOS on it as well.

Isnt the Valcuires (spelling? sorry...) the ones that run horizontaly opposed engines? I see them running around town all the time here.

EDIT: I take it back...after looking into it more, the Valkyrie is a flat-6, after all. No wonder it's so freaking wide...LOL :)

EDIT: I take it back...after looking into it more, the Valkyrie is a flat-6, after all. No wonder it's so freaking wide...LOL :)

Ya those flat 6's are kinda neat. Love those 'spider' intakes on them :) All polished up fancy and such!

Yeah - some german bike had one of the EA63's - the 1.4's in it. There was an article about it, and a big post on the board a while back. Do a search - maybe you will come up with it.

GD

No luck, what search criteria would help?

I was mostly thinking of this cause I watch too many of the discovery channel /TLC shows :P I remembered that one bike on American Chopper with the mower engine, and was like hmm... Then searched and discovered there were even Rotary engines in some bikes, and was like why not an EA?

As for the horizontally opposed beemers, I see those all over here. I live like by the best, largest BMW motorcycle dealership in the country so ya, I knew about those :P

With regards to the BMW Bikes. They use a couple different engines. The earlier ones and the newer classics use a horizontally opposed twin. The newer bikes use an inline 4 or inline 3 that is lying down flat.
That is not true. They still have the horizontal 2 cyl engine on a couple of the current models. The ones that are sold to police departments have a this engine. Go look at http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com

That's not a bad idea..............

Speaking of custom, check this out:

http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html

Rumor has it that Jay Leno has ordered one of these beasts.............they will be delivered as "un-rideable" for insurance porposes.............(missing drive belt).

Can you imagine 500hp on a bike? They want $16 just for a wall poster of this thing, Geez................:rolleyes:

A turbo Sube engine in a bike would be kewl :slobber: