Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parts I can't find ANYWHERE

Hello all,

I have a 1983 Subaru GL 4 door wagon and I am desperately searching for the driver side tail light assembly for it.  When I bought the car the lenses where cracked and I have looked on eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, Google, just about everywhere I have thought to look.  If anyone out here could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have some other questions about this car but I can make a New Topic about those!

Thanks in advance!

Happy Subaruing!

My suggestion would be search online but especially ebay for Subaru parts in your year range (eg. 1980-1984 Subaru radiator, steering wheel, tail lights) and you will find wrecking yards advertising other types of parts maybe unrelated to what you need but showing a picture or two of the car being parted out.  Then you communicate with the wrecking yard via "message" on ebay, ask them how much to remove and ship what you want (provide your zip code and give them a few days or right away get a ballpark estimate which they may know), then they will create a listing on ebay for that item for you including their shipping cost.  You buy it.  Then you have the built in protections of the ebay protections, plus they will not want bad feedback so probably pack and ship with care.

Good luck on the search.  Cheers

Rats.  I had a couple of really nice ones from my old '83.  Had them for lots of years, but ended up giving them away to one of the guys at the last WCSS.

Too bad..I'm in 89451, really close to Reno.

Try Moosens.  He has LOTS of older gen stuff.

Edited by NV Zeno

Now does anyone know where I can but aftermarket 4x140 wheels or if I should just do the drill to make it the 6 lug or if I should buy the wheel adapters to make them 5x100, I haven't decided what I should do yet anyone have any suggestions or any feedback on which way they went...that kinda thing?

Thanks again sorry I might overload you all with questions I don't have a bunch of knowledge in older subarus, just 1998 and above.

Edited by 83subaruGLchick