Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In search of an oil pump

I'm looking for and oil pump for a 86 GL-10 4WD Turbo wagaon. Its got the 1.8L EA82. I cannot get it through any Subaru dealer or parts store and I was hoping someone out there had one or knows somewhere i can get one. The part number is 15010AA001 or 15010AA004. 

I recently bought one from Renton Subaru (dealer) here in washington. But that was for an EA81. I would think EA82's would be easier. Maybe give them a call. Good luck.

GD recently said the EA82 part was discontinued.

To the OP: Ebay or Carparts might be a place to get a used one. Might also try the WTB section of the forum. 

Good luck!

Last one we had (about a year ago) went for $250 to a loyal customer. It was the last one in the country and we were told by Subaru they will not be manufacturing them as they "lost" their supplier of them and Japan said gone forever. Nationwide dealer search turned up nothing. 

AFAIK the EA81 pump is made by Hitachi and Subaru of Japan still has them produced periodically. I believe the US is out of stock at this moment but they might re-order. 

The EA81 was made for a lot longer and in larger quantities than the EA82 and was the engine of choice for a lot of other markets besides the US.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

I can check AUS stock if you want, we had the EA82 as long as you did and they may still be available here. Price could be insane though.

I would buy one from ya if they are still around over there...i got one of the last available ones myself, its going to be real hard to keep these motors going if the pumps are really gone forever.

FWIW, I spoke to my Subaru mechanic and he said he usually just replaces the gears rather than the entire pump. He can still get these, and after I advised him on the lack of new stock he has ordered some gear stock. I don't have a price yet.

There has to be a way to rebuild them or maybe a aftermarket electric pump or something the biggest issue I see is the timing belt pully on the oil pump maybe there's a way to delete the pump pully and use 2 passenger side timing belts so you only need to carry one spare belt hay might even pick up a pony or 2 if there's no load from the oil pump

I want to hold on to my ea82 till i can aford to go electric with the loyale im in the process of building another high output ea82 i also am building a 2000 ej2.2 for the forester its gona get ported and polished also and all the hop ups i can build in to it im just not sold on the ej in a ea bodied car if im gona go a swapin i want to go electric besides im realy enjoying building and breaking and rebuilding my ea82s so as long as i have parts im gona keep building them ill save the ej motors for my 4 ej bodied rigs