Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Diagnostic code P000A-Oil control valve

I have a 2012 Impreza hatch. The check engine light came on and that is the diagnostic code. The car had its engine block replaced with the previous owner and the warranty only covered what was replaced. Here's the description of the what they replaced "removed engine unit and disassembled. Checked cylinder heads and verified good. Replaced short block with new block and reassembled." The warrently only coveres what they replaced and if we have to replace the oil control valve. Would that be under the warranty or outside of it?

This is a common issue with late model Impreza's. My 2014 had this replaced under factory. I assume your original warranty has expired. I'm under the 6 Year/100K mile warranty with mine now and wonder if it would still be covered. Not sure how expensive part it is.

Thanks for the replies. Because the short block was replaced, that part of the engine is under a 1 year, 12,000 mile warranty. I don't know enough about cars to know if the OCV would be covered as part of the short block replacement, or if the OCV is part of the engine that they describe when they say they disassembled the engine.