Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello and a Query

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheSubaruGuruBoston

TheSubaruGuruBoston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Medford MA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

Greetings!

I'm Ernie, aka TheSubaruGuru in Boston; just ending up a 34 year stint with all manner of NA Subies, so hope I can be helpful here on USMB.

My tech query:

After swapping cloth '13 Premium OB front seats successfully into an '11 Leg Ltd for a client who eschews leather, I'm left with the somewhat-surprising conundrum of NOT having a power lead in the '13 OB passenger side to operate the now-leather powered seat, as it seems that the non-Limited wiring harness is different on the passenger side (whereas the drivers' sides are clones).

So where's a convenient place to grab 12v to power the pass power seat's motors? I'll either splice into the seat's female plug or steal the male from the donor Limited's uneeded harness lead.  Before I undo the motionless power seat again while kneeling in the snow can anyone tell me if the power seat's female is "looking" for just 12v pos or also a ground in a two-wire setup...or an even more complicated scenario?

Gettin' old for this....

Thanks.

Ernie

#2 TheSubaruGuruBoston

TheSubaruGuruBoston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Medford MA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Got impatient, so chased power from the front pass seat heating switch: red pos and blk/yel neg fed seat's red and black female nicely...although key has to be in accessory to operate. Thanks.

#3 DaveT

DaveT

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 3,313 posts
  • Colchester

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

Hello, welcome

Lots of info, and helpful people on here.

The question would be seen by more members in the newer generation forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users