Ultimate Subaru Message Board

best place to purchase weber conversion?

Looking around, need to buy one for my 82 Brat. Looks like Ebay has several vendors, there's also a couple on Amazon. I don't really think you can go by the photos. I would like one that has a single piece mounting adapter if possible. I don't want a Chinese knock off. Anyone suggest a reputable supplier? 

did you get the universal linkage kit? Seems like some end up using parts from the old carb? Unfortunately I'm replacing a Carter so not sure if the linkage kit will be of much benefit more than what I could fabricate on my own. I have the proper manifold, but I'm thinking the throttle cable attaches on the opposite side of the engine compared to the Hitachi.

We can set you up if you want to call the shop or PM me. I can recommend jetting, etc. The factory DGEV jetting is quite good for the EA engines. Typically the EA82's want a 60 or 65 idle jet in place of the 50. If you have SPFI pistons then an even larger idle jet may be required. The rest of the jetting will be just fine.

GD 

• Like 1