Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whats difference between GL and GL10 designation's?

DL was a base model. GL was a step up with more options and GL-10 was the turbo, top of the line power windows, better stereo and more additional optional equipment. There's a little more to it than that, but I don't remember all the specifics though I don't believe the EA82 series cars came with a DL badge. Others will chime in.

It changed every year. GL-10 does not necessarily mean turbo. They are trim designations and they proceed STD, DL, GL, GL-5, GL-10, etc from lowest trim to highest trim. Back in the early 80's there were also Dl-5's, and some other weird badges. You can't make an exact list of features based on badging. Generally you don't get a tach till you hit GL models. That's about the only consistent feature.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

Well GL-10 badging preceeded the first 83 turbo models and often the EA81 turbo was available both as a GL or a GL-10. The later having a digi-dash and the former analog from what I've seen. The badging is very year sensitive so you can only say that it's generally a higher level of trim package but what exactly that meant for a given year of a given body style is highly irregular.

GD