Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the forum and Subaru ownership, need some help...

Hello everyone. I have always lived Subarus! Never had the opportunity to buy one until now. Nothing fancy just an 08 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited. I plan on making it a project car and doing some things to it here and there for fun. I have been looking to replace the carpet, but I can't find a molded carpet kit for this vehicle anywhere, anybody have any suggestions on this?

Anyway gemreat to be here I look forward to posting progress photos and checking out everyone else's rides.

Thanks

Hello welcome aboard!

Search around the forum to see how things run and what it's like. There is a lot of information here that can answer a lot of questions for you. 

Is your vehicle a station wagon?     'and'     Is your carpet damaged? i.e. holes, burns, stains, worn areas, etc.?? 

I did search around a bit, it took me a little bit to get used to where everything was, I found some info in the forums, but didn't see anything about aftermarket carpet molding, probably because it doesn't really exist (at least not for my vehicle). My current carpet has no burns or holes, just lots of grease stains, looks like oil of sorts. The other thing is that I want to change the color from cream to black, I like the two different tones because the seats are a light cream color and I think it would look pretty slick contrasting with the black carpet.

Also thank you all for the welcomes, everyone I have conversed with has been great....I ended up posting in the newer subarus section and had a few people try and help, which I appreciate very much. My vehicle is a sedan and I called a dealserhip to find out that the part is no longer made. I have contacted an upholstery guy who is going to custom carpet it. I am sure that I will be back here quite a bit looking for further info, especially after I get her looking like I want because I am going to start tinkering with making her a bit faster. I'm excited because this is the very first time I have ever done anything like this so I am a complete and utter noob! Thank you all for the welcomes and the help thus far! Everyone here has been great! (Forgive my terrible grammar and misspelled wording I'm on my phone and my eyes are not what they used to be).