Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anybody have a Brat sale?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1978 blue brat with 100k miles and service records(i.e., the owner just wrote down everything he fixed for 38 years in the owners manual) that starts/drives, but only the E-brake works. There is some body panel rust.

I  have one full bucket seat, the camper top with some interesting liner in it, working radio, working AC, all the original electronics still work ( amazingly after 39 years) except there's an aftermarket key ignition. Also has the original tool kit, spare tire, and the original jack. 

I bought this Brat in late 2016 with the hopes of restoring it. I'd still like to if I can find some shop that will make me body panels from fiberglass or something or find new brake lines, master cylinder, and if I'm unlucky drum brakes. When I bought this beautiful Brat, I had imagined that I'd have time to work on it while also going to college for a pre/med degree. Sadly college makes it hard to earn money and buy parts let alone actually work on it. So if you're interested in it let me know. However, this Brat is in Kansas.

I've posted some pictures about the brat on the forum, but if you are interested, I can send you more if need be or maybe a recording of the engine running.