Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The End of Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S - in Subie Sizes?

wtdash

TireRack.com as of today no longer had any stock of the 215/70R-15 (26.9"), 205/70R15 (Stock '96-'99 OB),  215/60R16 (stock '98+ Forester S) or 215/65R16 (27") sizes. The 205/70R15 was on 'closeout' yesterday and low stock.

They are still listed on Yoko's site. 

I've emailed both TR and Yoko to see what the status of these tires will be.

Was looking to buy a set but not if I can't buy replacements down the road (pun intended).

Anyone have an inside connection?

Edit: From Yokohama - although they didn't mention WHAT the replacement is:

Unfortunately, our replacement all terrain tire is not made in the requested size.

Thank you for your interest in Yokohama Tire products.

Sincerely,
Consumer Affairs

Edit: Heard back from Tire Rack....this sounds like ALL AT-S are disco'd?

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.  Unfortunately, the GEOLANDAR A/T-S has been discontinued is no longer available for Yokohama and we have completely sold out of both the 205/70R15 and 215/70R15.  Sorry for the bad news.Yes, the complete GEOLANDAR A/T-S line has been discontinued and has been replaced by the GEOLANDAR G015 which is currently available in the size of 205/70R15 YO GEO AT G015 @ $101.57 per tire plus shiiping and unfortunately we are still waiting for the size of 215/70R15 YO GEO AT G015 to arrive.  They will be priced at $100.20 per tire plus shipping.
Edited by wtdash

I had those on my newest Crosstrek.  HATED THEM.  Wet pavement is like ice with those on.  If you like slowing down for corners so you won't slide,  these are for you. 

Pawned them (on STi wheels for a pretty penny) and bout some BF Goodrich comp 2 AS.  Way more aggressive pattern that works on the dry pavement and kills the wet.  They did fine in the snow too.

some BF Goodrich comp 2 AS.  Way more aggressive pattern that works on the dry pavement and kills the wet.  They did fine in the snow too.

Not an AT - type tire, so not comparable to the Yoko, but good to know they work as an AS.

As this is the Off-Road forum,  focusing on tires that work well (better than?) off the pavement, too.

Not an AT - type tire, so not comparable to the Yoko, but good to know they work as an AS.

As this is the Off-Road forum,  focusing on tires that work well (better than?) off the pavement, too.

You noticed.  lol

Here they are next to each other.  

sEaGpQ.jpg

They still have these... I think they are the next generation maybe.  (reading the response above from Tire Rack seems to back that up) https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+A%2FT+G015&partnum=07HR5G015&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Edited by Flowmastered87GL

Check out the Geolandar A/T G015. I had an online chat with TireRack last year about them, they're the replacement for the A/T-S, supposedly better in all situations. They're available in most of the same sizes, I think.

I had a pair on the front of my XT (205/70R15) for a little while before I found a low-range transmission and upgraded to BFG mud-terrains. They did surprisingly well in dirt and mud--although I had mud-terrains on the back and a rear LSD, so my experience probably isn't typical.