Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch cable question on a dual range swap

Swapped the 4 speed in my brat out for a 5 speed dual range. Still finishing things up, but i noticed that the clutch cable barely touches the forks. I tried swapping in the clutch cable bracket from the 4 speed, but that makes it too long with no room to adjust.

Is this just a matter of throwing some all thread on to lengthen it, or am i missing something?

I can't answer your question, but your issue isn't related to the dual range swap, but that you've done a 5 spd swap (all of the Gen 3 5 spds have the same clutch fork setup regardless of how their driveline is configured).

So you might want to change your title to get the right people checking your thread ;)

suggest also doing a search for 4spd - 5 spd swap or some such. Lots of others have done it before you

I can't answer your question, but your issue isn't related to the dual range swap, but that you've done a 5 spd swap (all of the Gen 3 5 spds have the same clutch fork setup regardless of how their driveline is configured).

So you might want to change your title to get the right people checking your thread ;)

suggest also doing a search for 4spd - 5 spd swap or some such. Lots of others have done it before you

Not sure i follow??? The 4 speed out of my brat had a different mounting bracket that holds the clutch cable before it connects to the forks than does the 5 speed i put in. Ive searched thoughout the forums, but coming up empty handed