Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i saw this then i did this

ferp420

This is a continuation of this thread http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/163092-and-then-i-saw-this/ but since im building a off road set up i figured i would move the thread here the first stage is new radiose arms im shooting for 2ft long and pushing the wheel forward 1" while adding some adjustabuility to it i picked up some 3/4x3/4 hiem joints and i had some nice heavy pipe the right size and some plate steal to play with

First i boogered the sheet metal back on and since its only the tranny mount now it should be fine i am gone reinforce the block though just for the hell of it theres a nice channel for the new rod to sit in theres even a cut in the frame that looks like it was made for it i took some 2x1 tube ans sandwiched the frame rails and cut a plate to weld to it and bolt in to the rear crossmeber bolt holes i also plan to tie it all in to the sliders so it will have plenty of reinforcement it should take alot of the load off the firewall to so the body dosent bend in half lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If i bend any part.of this set up ill be stoked im havin so much fun and what the hay i built it.once i can do it again its not like i payed some one to do it for me or spent alot on it the only things i bought were the urithane bushings and the rod ends less than 50  and theres lots of.adjustment left for geting home on bent links lol and its easy to r&r but honestly its got.to be the strongest part.of the entire car but that dosent mean it wont bend when im done the front suspention will tie in to the rest of the sub framelike work that allready conects to the rear k bar sliders tube fenders and front bumper so its gona bend more than just the link when it dose bend but its gona have to be one hell of a hit to bend any part i built in this set up i dont know if im getting my squat ratios right though so ill probably have to redo parts of it anyway but ive got to start somewere i havent seen anyone else do anything like it so i dont have any one to copy its trial and error on this only time and abuse will.tell

Edited by ferp420

I Plan on replacing the entire arm with  longer ones with hiem joints but if that dosent happen ill box the controle arms in and i like the idea of reinforcing the crossmeber so ill do that too i also plan on building custom struts for the front kinda like pontoontod dude did only on the cheaper side im hoping to find a pair of cheap rebuildable shocks to keep my price down i did find the fox shox for.100 a pop so maybe someday maybe lol i found some super cheap performance shocks that will work for the rear i exspect them to kick but for about 6 months then ill probably need to replace them but they cant be any worse than whats on there now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...