Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 bolt wheel adapters for the EA cars 140 to 100

I'm looking at adding a new product to my store at www.sjrlift.com the 4x140 to 5x100 adapter to install the newer Subaru wheels onto the older cars, I'm looking at offering 2 styles one set of 4 that would bolt upto drums or discs and another option to have new rear drums machined to the 5x100 pattern, it's not a cheep endeavor looking at $350-400 a set for the first run, if I get a few interested and prepay I'll start on this right away, if not then It will sit for now. Scott

It is looking like you should look into this Scott. It would be cheaper to buy your adapters then to be on the hunt to find the parts to make it 5 lug. I say it is a great idea. I would rather have all Subie rims and tires at my place then having a whole set of tires and snow tires of 6 lug. Keep me posted. 

It is looking like you should look into this Scott. It would be cheaper to buy your adapters then to be on the hunt to find the parts to make it 5 lug. I say it is a great idea. I would rather have all Subie rims and tires at my place then having a whole set of tires and snow tires of 6 lug. Keep me posted. 

. I plan to do it, I'm figuring out all the details now

I don't believe the drum thickness is sufficient to drill the 5x100 PCD safely. I had a look at these awhile back and there isn't enough material once you step away from the center of the drum (should be 10mm to match factory XT6). 

I know people who have done it, but it's not something I would offer to sell to the public.

I agree with Numbchux, 5x100 is a terrible pattern to convert to.  Either 4x100, 4x114.3 or 5x114.3.

I'm not interested, because I think wheel adapters/wheel spacers are a terrible choice to begin with, but I figured I'd comment on the lug pattern.

Edited by carfreak85

I agree with Numbchux, 5x100 is a terrible pattern to convert to.  Either 4x100, 4x114.3 or 5x114.3.

I'm not interested, because I think wheel adapters/wheel spacers are a terrible choice to begin with, but I figured I'd comment on the lug pattern.

That's a great idea, after I'm setup with the 5x100 I can also offer other bolt patterns, I wanted to go with 5x100 as that's what the newer Subarus are and if your a Subaru nut that's the wheels you have on your parts car