Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for help with Starlink on a 2017 Impreza

So, the Starlink icon in the "apps" screen of my 2017 Impreza has vanished. The starlink app on my phone looks like it's connecting to starlink on the Subaru head unit - but there's no Starlink icon on the apps screen. Any ideas how to get it back? (pic of head unit showing the starlink icon is missing)

I've already sent a message to the dealer but they seem confused about what I'm asking.

I'm new to Subarus so it's possible I just don't understand normal behavior - but the manual doesn't say anything about the icon disappearing?

Typed words are trickier to fully understand - to be clear - Why does it matter if the icon is missing? Id focus more on functionality - what symptoms are you having besides the light not coming on?

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Looked up a reset or clear feature for the car?

Any changes to the car - mods, work, battery drained?

Everything else works fine?

Check Cars101.com is a great resource for remote, security, FOBs programming and troubleshooting. see if they have starlink covered too.

Did you Google it?

Stop into the dealer and ask in person.

Edited by grossgary

also - OEM automotive audio hasnt been a strong point in this market and Subaru is a good example. The offerings are rarely modern and slick.

They offered straight up AUX-in like 20 years ago on very few vehicles and I wish they would have kept it and improved it - but have been as consistent as lottery numbers instead.

That's why there's all sorts of hacks, the jazzy engineering mod, FM modulators, people swap in stereos with tapes just to use archaic tape adapters....silly for something so easy its easily hacked and DiYed by determined folks.

Very very weird.

Give it a go of course but I wouldn't completely rule out being open to a better long term solution like installing aftermarket capable products.