Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru 1997 modified Legacy into a SUS demonstrator.

We own a 1997 Subaru modified Legacy into a SUS (Outback style). It was modified by Subaru of New England as a demonstrator. We bought it off the showroom floor and my wife is the sole owner.  It is in very new condition with only 118,872 miles. (Just under 6000mi/yr)  Leather seats, heated mirrors, CD/tape, . . . . We were just wondering if it had any extra value as a "one of a  kind" Subaru.

It was sold to us as a new car from the dealer with full warranty.

Hi,

We'll want to see pics. :-)

As you seem to know, the SUS was an actual model in '97-'99. 

Per Cars101.com, yours was one of a 'few' avl. in NE:

1997: ...A sedan version, the Outback SUS (short for 'Sport Utility Sedan') was available in very small numbers in the New England area only.

No offense, but yours may not be as unique as you're thinking.

If it has the 2.5/EJ25D and the SUS emblem on the trunk, it's probably a factory model - not necessarily a 'demo' as stated.

For best exposure you'll want to list it on Ebay. Or post on the Subie forums.

GL,

TD

• Like 1

Yea, maybe with some serious documentation differentiating this as a Subaru-modified demo car, not just another SUS. But even then, I can't imagine there's much of a market for such a thing.

If so, Ebay is probably the place, but even then, I'd be surprised if it would sell for enough extra to justify the ebay fee....

It will have some small additonal value if it's in great condition (it's not a classic or novelty people would want to restore), but it's a small market, even for Subaru which is already smallish) so you'll need exposure to extract that value.

Rust free, great condition, one owner, low-ish miles, some records and documentation will probably be most of its value.

Offer me a percentage and I'll sell it for you. Lol