Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Peugeot wheels for 88 GL

Peugeot wheels replacement 88 gl 4x140

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YnotDIY

YnotDIY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Grand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Hey ya'll,

I'm talking to a guy right now on a Peugeot message board about picking up some wheels off him and I had a question I couldn't find an answer to through the search bar. (does that thing ever work? I can never find what I'm looking for on there...)  The wheels he has are 15" diameter and 6" wide. I'm curious if 1. 15" will fit under a non-lifted 88 GL and 2. if anyone knows if they will line up well and not stick out. I'm having trouble finding backspacing information for the subaru wheels and the peugeot wheels.

Here's a pic just so you know what I'm looking at....

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 1.46.53 PM.png   490.47K   32 downloads

Attached File  image003.jpg   44.2K   28 downloads

Dude told me his are 4x100 bolt pattern in the e-mail, but I think he just doesn't know?? They are coming off a 1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo Wagon.  He also said mine should be 4x100....so either he mistyped or is just misinformed right?  Any help would be great. Thanks ya'll.

#2 YnotDIY

YnotDIY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Grand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

also, looks like the center bore on the Peugeots are around 63mm and the subaru's are 101mm will they still be able to fit on with a smaller center bore? 

#3 BEECHBM69

BEECHBM69

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Virginia Beach

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

I have those exact rims on my 87 GL wagon, with 195/60/15's. No lift, no rubbing, and they don't stick out.

4x140 is his bolt pattern, and yours. Make sure they are really 15's and not 390's. It will be stamped on the rims. 

Try to get the lugnuts from him if you can. 

Dan

#4 superpoo93

superpoo93

New User

• Gold Subscribers
  • 235 posts
  • las vegas

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

195/60/15 fit nice w/ no lift

Attached Files

#5 john in KY

john in KY

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,672 posts
  • KY

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Plus 2 about the lug nuts. Wheels are useless without them as the lug nuts are unique. 

#6 YnotDIY

YnotDIY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Grand Rapids, MI

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

Hey Hey bringing this back up since I found another set of peugeot wheels. It looks like (from what I've gathered from research) 505 wheels have a smaller center bore (63mm) to subaru's (103mm), but they will still fit? do the hubs just not clear into the center bore of the peugeot wheels? I know many have done this and I'm not to worried, just looking for more clarification on the fit. Thanks ya'll

#7 YnotDIY

YnotDIY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Grand Rapids, MI

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

These are the ones I'm looking at currently 1981 turbo 505

https://grandrapids....6512603516.html

#8 YnotDIY

YnotDIY