Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Peugeot wheels for 88 GL

Hey ya'll,

I'm talking to a guy right now on a Peugeot message board about picking up some wheels off him and I had a question I couldn't find an answer to through the search bar. (does that thing ever work? I can never find what I'm looking for on there...)  The wheels he has are 15" diameter and 6" wide. I'm curious if 1. 15" will fit under a non-lifted 88 GL and 2. if anyone knows if they will line up well and not stick out. I'm having trouble finding backspacing information for the subaru wheels and the peugeot wheels.

Here's a pic just so you know what I'm looking at....

post-65531-0-05533600-1494870508_thumb.png

post-65531-0-70638900-1494870520_thumb.jpg

Dude told me his are 4x100 bolt pattern in the e-mail, but I think he just doesn't know?? They are coming off a 1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo Wagon.  He also said mine should be 4x100....so either he mistyped or is just misinformed right?  Any help would be great. Thanks ya'll.

I have those exact rims on my 87 GL wagon, with 195/60/15's. No lift, no rubbing, and they don't stick out.

4x140 is his bolt pattern, and yours. Make sure they are really 15's and not 390's. It will be stamped on the rims. 

Try to get the lugnuts from him if you can. 

Dan

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hey Hey bringing this back up since I found another set of peugeot wheels. It looks like (from what I've gathered from research) 505 wheels have a smaller center bore (63mm) to subaru's (103mm), but they will still fit? do the hubs just not clear into the center bore of the peugeot wheels? I know many have done this and I'm not to worried, just looking for more clarification on the fit. Thanks ya'll