Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If you need a spray lubrication like WD-40, I would strongly suggest using PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst. I picked up the stuff at Auto Zone. It's around $4.00. So far I've used it on two problems and it really does the trick :D . It cleans the area and also lubricates it. The link for the company is shown below.

~Howard

:cool:

Your advice is spot on Howard, but comparing it to WD-40 is an insult to PB to say the least! Supposedly there are penetrants even better than PB, but I have yet to find one. Someone told me Kroil was better than PB, they lied. They talk about a penetrant on BITOG called Penetro 90 that's supposed to be awesome, but I haven't used it.

FWIW I think PB is even cheaper at Walmart.

triflow and pb blaster really are two different things...

PB blaster is meant as a penetrating oil. In that respect it's the ****! Give it some time and it will unstuck those bolts that are severely stuck.

Triflow is more of a lubricant. It has teflon in it, and I would use it over pb blaster if I wanted a lubricant, not a penetrating oil.

I have found 2 oz. squeeze bottles at bicycle shops, but not the 12oz aerosol cans in stores. The best price I've seen on the net is $8.10/12 oz. can at http://www.crawfordtool.com/tri-flow.html, but they accept only orders of of >$25.

Sounds like an excuse to buy some tools. :lol:

Regarding LPS, I don't know where to get it. Someone I know gave it to me.