Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have brought my car in twice and since its not replicatable, they say they cannot fix it. The car jerks usually if I start from 0 miles per hour and for it to 60 miles per hour the car jerks higher RPMs. Tires are fine, replaced the relays that was a recall but it apparently has been an issue for a lot of people! Help, I want this fixed but they say nothing is wrong!

http://repairpal.com/vibtation-or-shutter-on-acceleration-402

Edited by Ndulko

I have brought my car in twice and since its not replicable, they say they cannot fix it. The car jerks usually if I start from 0 miles per hour and for it to 60 miles per hour the car jerks higher RPMs. Tires are fine, replaced the relays that was a recall but it apparently has been an issue for a lot of people! Help, I want this fixed but they say nothing is wrong!

http://repairpal.com/vibtation-or-shutter-on-acceleration-402

What did they say was not replicable?  Was this a Subaru Dealer you took it to?

• Like 1

Read check engine codes.

Any lights on the dash?

Pay attention to when and how it happens.

Replicate symptoms for them.

It's true - if there's no symptoms then there's nothing they can pinpoint.

Ideally we would get a better description. Current description is way to generic and vague. How when and exactly what it does. Frequency, Sound, feel, duration speed does speeding up or slowing down or manually shifting or acel or decel change anything...etc.

• Like 1

No engine or any lights have come up. From a complete stop, before 40 miles an hour, the forward to back jerks happen for about 2 seconds at high RPMs when the gears shift only, not at deceleration but often associated with a recent turn. It happens mostly in the mornings,when the car had been sitting for a while... not as much when the car has been running That day.

I have allowed the car to sit overnight at the Subaru dealer as well as tried to replicate it but it doesn't happen often enough to replicate at that time. It happened 4x in the last week

They said the jerking was not replicated when they took it on a test drive. Yes I took it to ultimate Subaru here in Fredericksburg as well as one in Tennessee. They mentioned the CVT may be responding to the computer (that is not covered in the warranty) that had programmed the driving style to the first driver that had the car for the first 15,000 miles. Also that is non-resettable.

Because if does not happen every day, I guess I would have to leave it there for days? If you read what I wrote to the other reply about the CVT, I'm afraid this problem will continue to happen since the issue is with a tranny that was programmed to another person. Do you think that's a possibility?