Ultimate Subaru Message Board

is there a brand or part number for an asst. of HNBR or a/c 'appropriate', DECENT QUALITY o-rings available from amazon or NAPA or someplace DIYers can easily shop, that will work on our soobs? Not sure I need 400 o-rings, but 8 may not have enough variety of sizes.

I seem to have bought an assortment of foreign-made crap o-rings that don't last more than a coupla seasons.

thanx

Really the only sizes you need for a A/C system are #6, #8, and a couple #10. Usually the #10 go from the evap to compressor, #8 from compressor to cond, and the rest are #6. These are usually green or blue colored for 134A compatibility. I have got them from NAPA and also from auto A/C shops.

I've only matched from kits so I'm unsure on specifics.

Did you try Subaru? I guess they only sell the hoses with orings on them and not the orings individually but I've never checked.

I think I started a thread years ago about sizes but don't think anyone listed sizes.

Try industrial suppliers -

MSCdirect.com
McMastercarr.com

I have bought both packets of 100 and assortments from them.  They also have different grades & materials.

Ordinary o rings are very affordable, small ones, 100 only cost a few $.  IIRC, most normal car size ones, they don't sell individual, but the price for whatever quantity [varies with the size] is not crazy, and you have lots of spares.