Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PLEASE HELP BROKEN HOSE!

I was working on my 86 Carbd GL and i broke managed to break this hose off. Im looking to buy a replacement but im not sure what part number it is or even what system its a part of. The hose was under my Carb and leaked a pinkish liquid when it broke off. Please let me know if you know what this hose is for and what part number i should be looking for. all help is appreciated, Thanks!

post-62471-0-03352000-1497072281_thumb.jpg

post-62471-0-50572200-1497072283_thumb.jpg

post-62471-0-60436400-1497072286_thumb.jpg

the fluid looks like power steering but not if sure thats what the hose would go to though

its a manual steering model

That's a coolant line. Just use generic coolant hose. You must have something like Toyota coolant pink antifreeze in the car rather than the usual green.

GD

Thanks GD ill get a new line, only a few ounces of fluid leaked out. Maybe because its at the top of the engine??

Take that line to Autozone should be able to get the same size from the bulk roll. I am not 100% sure but that looks like a coolant line that keeps the carb from freezing up in cold weather. 

Nah, the hose in question is a air vent that keeps the coolant transfer port in the top center of the engine from forming a bubble and blocking flow.  It needs to be there.  

The carb base warming hose is not so nessecary, and can be removed......it is just below drivers side of the carb and runs back over the manifold to the heater hose supply.

• Like 1