Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I love Wikipedia, and I am an occasional contributor.

But beware of those compression figures for the EJ16, since there's no knowing where they come from.

Wikipedia entries are supposed to be backed-up by references, so that one can trace the info back to the source.  In this case there are no links to any credible sources.

Those numbers may be correct, but I would add some skepticism to the mix.

Ok thanks heaps...(for some reason i am able to reply now!)

Also wondering what the spark system is on these engines? (I know nothing, so explaining everything..) Is it distributor, crank trigger ect?

Cheers,

Lawson

Yep ok,

Really need to know the ignition system for these engines, explain the basics as i have no idea!

Does the ecu control the ignition? does these engines have a crank trigger? or cam position sensor?

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers,

Lawson

Yep thanks heaps for that. I worked out what i wanted, and ended up getting the crank and cam sensor off an ej22 -  think from what i have read, they are pretty interchangeable and do the same job. Just wondering if anyone knows what position on the crank the keyway is positioned? whether its 0 degrees or between 5 degrees btdc and 7 degrees atdc....Just need to know because I need to adapt onto the "project engine" ... :)

Cheers,
Lawson

post-67129-0-82343200-1498890741_thumb.png