Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The 2.0 I was sent does not use an oil cooler. Does all that need to be swapped over (water pump, pipes and hoses, cooler and block fitting)?

you do not NEED to swap that stuff.

In fact, removing the block fitting is quite difficult.  I'd skip it.

• Like 2

Engine seems to run okay in the driveway. It's quiet, cool, but smokes like a mosquito truck. Removed breather, oil in throttle body. Oil sucking into intake. On 2.0 engine, outlet on block, right in front of tc bolt access is a roughly 1 inch diameter pipe, 2.5 has screw in fitting. Blocked both ends, still smokes.

Engine seems to run okay in the driveway. It's quiet, cool, but smokes like a mosquito truck. Removed breather, oil in throttle body. Oil sucking into intake. On 2.0 engine, outlet on block, right in front of tc bolt access is a roughly 1 inch diameter pipe, 2.5 has screw in fitting. Blocked both ends, still smokes.

well that's the PCV feed and drain.

without that, the PCV hoses at the heads that connect to the intake are under above throttle vac.  sucking oily vapor into the intake tube.

you need to connect the center fitting to the PCV so that vapors are pulled in by full manifold vac, but the liquid oil part can drop down the tube into the pan, and the gasses pulled into the PCV.

• Like 1

I hooked up the pcv from the back of the block to the intake, still smokes. But if I disconnect the hoses from the valve covers to the air breather, smoking stops. I'm thinking this 2.0 breathes differently than my 2005 2.5L. The only difference I saw was the 1 inch pipe at back top of block, whereas the 2.5 has a pcv valve.

I hooked up the pcv from the back of the block to the intake, still smokes. But if I disconnect the hoses from the valve covers to the air breather, smoking stops. I'm thinking this 2.0 breathes differently than my 2005 2.5L. The only difference I saw was the 1 inch pipe at back top of block, whereas the 2.5 has a pcv valve.

I had the same issue.  Had to modify the 1" pipe to take the PCV valve and then run the line from the PCV valve to the Intake