Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've been tracing wires trying to figure out why the blower doesn't work, I checked the fuses and they were all good and then I took the blower motor out and hooked it up to the battery and it ran. There was a singe red wire with coupling and then a 3 wire coupling (similar to the 4 prong on a small trailer hook up) from that I trace the 3 green/red/black wires to coupling for the selector panel fan switch which had yellow wires coming out of it, it had one black wire clipped close to the panel side of the coupling, and one extra yellow wire with a coupling that had gone to the ac before being disconnected. the only question I have is I found the blue wire coming directly from the panel switch that went through the firewall into the engine compartment to some silver little small box with wires going into it. I didn't know if maybe you might have some input. Little silver box I'm talking about with the wires is to the left of the spare tire as you're facing the vehicle from the front with the hood up.

post-38706-0-17979900-1497839309_thumb.jpeg

post-38706-0-90133400-1497839323_thumb.jpeg

post-38706-0-10748700-1497839342_thumb.jpeg

There's a bunch to go over but try taking that fuse out and pull on both ends. I've had several do that - look perfect but have been shorted under the cap and the cap be loose enough that it'll pull off easily.

Hoping it's that silly for you.

Pretty sure I've got a factory service manual for the main line that could help you. Probably can find one online to peek at. There is a Brat Supplement manual but for what you're doing now the standard FSM will have your wiring diagram , etc.

Thanks man I appreciate it, I took fuses that I knew were working and would trade them out one by one and test them to see if they worked using the car lights and I couldn't find any fuses that weren't working. If you have a spare book that you be willing to sell me I'd greatly appreciate it let me know also if you have the spare screws for the chrome trim around the edge of the bed on a brat let me know about that too.

Does any one have the wireing diagram that shows the wiriering going to the slector panel blower control swith? I have seen a diagram that shows the gage cluster, but see wires off to side dissappearing off page.