Ultimate Subaru Message Board

65 mph steering wheel vibration

So I just got my tires rotated at 5000 miles from when they were put on. which was what was recommended to do but now my steering wheel starts to vibrates when I get up to 65 mph.I'm not entirety certain that it is because of the wheel rotation but I first noticed it a day or two after they were rotated. I drive every day on windy roads. Is it possible I waited too long to rotate them even though 5000 miles is when they should be rotated? How can I fix this before it affects something else too much?

Have the balance rechecked by the same shop that just rotated them. Likely they were balanced properly, or the tech used the wrong wheel weight and some fell off and now the tires are out of balance.

Or if they didn't balance them when they were rotated, have them balanced.

• Like 1

if you feel it in the steering wheel, you want to have lug nuts and studs checked for proper torque and cracks, etc.

as said above, swap the tires front to back and test.

sometimes, flakes of rust or other debris can be caiught somewhere in the hub-rotor-wheel 'sandwich' and cause issues.