Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I have a 06 Legacy with a engine splash shield that is only a couple of months old and it is already starting to sag on the Driver Side where there is less plastic material.

Has anyone ever found a way to brace it up or modify it so that it's not sagging like it's many years old when it is only 6 to 9 months?

Thanks for and constructive input.

post-66150-0-28440600-1498697687_thumb.png

It must be missing some of its hardware.  Kind of a general description, but sometimes the side screws are forgotten -- the ones you get to inside the front wheel wells.  This site can probably assist better with more specific information.

Hey, I put all new hardware along with the new guard. Where it is starting to slowly sag is the driver side where there is less plastic. I was hoping someone in aftermarket make one for the 4th gen Legacy.

All the plastic splash shield underneath is really for is aerodynamics. To help prevent wind from getting stuck under the engine when driving. Helps with fuel economy a little.

That's why most if not all newer cars have then.

Don't think that dinky plastic is going to protect you from anything. Lol.

Edited by golucky66

All the plastic splash shield underneath is really for is aerodynamics. To help prevent wind from getting stuck under the engine when driving. Helps with fuel economy a little.

that and to keep oil from dripping on the ground until after the warranty is up.