Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'79 BRAT Cosmetic Restoration (Seats, Dash, Body, Etc)

Hello! 

I recently acquired a 79 BRAT from my brother, and it runs great with a minor exhaust leak. The car itself is in pretty rough condition right now, missing some parts... and I am having some difficulty finding a good source for parts. I am specifically looking for:

Driver and Passenger Seats................ (Mine are ratty and extremely uncomfortable)

Drivers Side Mirror........................ (I have the mount but the actual mirror has either been broken or fallen off)

Drivers Side Door handle..................(Passenger's is in place but doesn't work)

Complete Dash ................(or cover, the dash is very cracked)

Accelerator Pedal .............(The rubber/plastic part is missing so it is just a metal arm)

Tailgate .............................(Worst rust on the car is along the base of the tailgate, completely rusted through)

Jumpseats? ......................(missing these, deciding if I want them)

As well as some decorative paneling on the exterior. There could be more missing that I don't recognize. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4hYW5xQU7URNFdXMTFHTVdxSHc/view?usp=sharing

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Color ? Looks like a blue interior but just want to be sure.

I've got some seats that might help you out. I'm in CT. Stop on over. Lol Let me get to them and take some pics and entertain offers.

Have an uncracked blue dash too.

Edited by moosens

Those pillar covers show up randomly. Probably sold all mine.

Back in the early 80's my brother took that cover and made a hinge so it opened and behind it he put the alarm lock. Just a story , probably not much reason to do that these days with modern alarms.

Color ? Looks like a blue interior but just want to be sure.

I've got some seats that might help you out. I'm in CT. Stop on over. Lol Let me get to them and take some pics and entertain offers.

Have an uncracked blue dash too.

Yes, Blue interior, I'd love to see pictures!

79 so you have all blue seats , correct? Not black along the sides of the bottom section? The blue in the 79's is the best year. Those carpets were like turquoise , sort of. Exaggerating a little but they really had a sweet color.

Nice base to work with. Pretty sure I have the gas pedal. My old 79 was the same colors as yours. It's still going out east somewhere.

I'll message you about the pedal, but I am wondering, is it as simple as switching out the pedal or will I have to take out the hole pedal assembly?