Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a  1994 Legacy, made in USA.  I need to  change the spedo cluster light bulbs.  Does anyone happen to know what  type the are,  how many I need, and can I use LED's. Also does anyone know a good place to order from that sells quality bulbs at a fair price.  Thank you for your time 

Some Subaru warning lamps can be replaced with Radio Shack (US) mini-bulb #272-1092. Cost a couple of dollars each.

The company that took over Radio Shack in Canada, 'The Source', used to also carry these bulbs, but they've gone upmarket and no longer sell small components like bulbs and switches - too bad!

I'm not sure which model years use these mini-bulbs, but my 2002 Forester uses them.

It's a lot of work to get the combination-display out, but it gives you access to all of the mini-bulbs.

Zoltan,

When you get around to replacing the burnt out bulbs, ..... change them all at the same time and keep the better ones (no black cast to them) for possible replacements if needed in the future.

Many of the bulbs are all on the same circuit and when one burns out the voltage increases on the remaining ones shortening their lifespan. So when you replace just the burnt out ones, the remaining weak ones have agood chance of making you do the same job down the line.