Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Telematics Communication in Progress

Just bought a 2017 Impreza 5 dr limited--2 weeks old!

However, yesterday after I started the car the message "Telematics Communication in Progress" appeared on the screen.  There was nothing I could do to get rid of it.  Everything was frozen.  Couldn't use GPS, play the radio or CD.  I turned off the ignition and started the car again--nothing.  The same message appeared on the screen.  Quite annoyed that I had to drive home without the benefit of music.  I had to run an errand and about 30 minutes later everything was OK.  

Does anyone know if this is a glitch that is going to keep happening?

If it does I'm sure it will get addressed in a future software update.

That's just one of the insidious effects of new technology. It's easy to release badly written Indonesian software because you can just flash it later at basically no cost. Rigorous testing prior to product release is no longer important.

Just part of the consumer product development cycle now. Gotta love it. Love that planned obsolescence and that poorly developed technology.

And that right there is why all my cars are 20+ years old. My $4,000 fridge that is 5 years old is the same way. Our whole plastic world is built this way.

But hey! Bluetooth is worth it right?

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder