Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A good friend of mine, finally got her car to me after the last person she had working on it gave up... Back story is we have always been really close, sorta complicated friendship... Head gaskets blew on her '04 WRX and I told her that is what was wrong. I was busy at the time but would have done the job. She did not want to bother me and had someone else she thought she could trust, attempt it.

All he did was probably $1-2k in damages as well as the car was keyed while on his property. Pulled intake and couldn't figure out how to get engine out.. She picked a real winner

Rotated the engine over with timing covers and belt removed. I'm not really sure why that would even be considered removed at that point. The engine has to come out anyway. But now, probably some valve issues at least. It has spun over

100% disassembled the intake, pulled A/C bracket entirely. Various sensors ect...

Pulled A/C pump rather than set aside...

Now, I'm the lucky one that gets to fix it, and the cheapest way for her is to buy my EJ205 off of me, and I'll long block it for her

The shop was humid enough that the aluminum on the block is getting corrosion and all the timing components are rusty, so I'm fairly positive the A/C system needs a drier at least