Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ticking noise from engine, Impreza EE20

EE20 engine ticking noise help Impreza Subaru

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joakimeg

joakimeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Norway

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Hello,
I am looking at a Subaru where it is a loud ticking noise from the engine. Look at the video linked: Subaru Impreza 150hk diesel 2010 loud ticking noise - YouTube
It apparently started when the person startet up the car and the car suddenly revs higher and higher by itself. They managed to stop it without any problem. Sounded like a turbo problem, but after a look on it it seems like that is not the case. Don't see why it would tick like that either.
Diagnosed the fuel flow into the cylinder and that seems fine...
Can the chain make this noise?, even though I don't think that'sit.
Its a Subaru Impreza 150hk 2010 model. 
I am completely new to Subaru.

-Thanks for the help smile.gif

#2 Subaru Scott

Subaru Scott

New User

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Cape Coral, FL

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Well, unfortunately, they don't let us have the diesels here in the states so we may not be much help.

Kind of sounds like a loose valve to me, and checking valve clearance would be a good place to start.

#3 joakimeg

joakimeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Norway

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Well, unfortunately, they don't let us have the diesels here in the states so we may not be much help.

Kind of sounds like a loose valve to me, and checking valve clearance would be a good place to start.

Forgot to mention that I checked them. The exhaust valve was a little loose, tighten it up, but still the same...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EE20, engine, ticking noise, help, Impreza, Subaru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users