Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mouse in the house er Forester roof

Mouse in the house er Forester roof

After a leaving my 2007 Forester at a resort trailhead while I backpacked into the wilderness, I spent a last night sleeping in the vehicle as I very much like to do.  All night heard what is likely a hyperactive mouse running around in between the interior plastic roof molding and the metal car body roof.  Don't even know what is up there between the two, maybe some insulation?  No clue how the critter got into that space.  Any ideas how?   Maybe crawled up through the air ducts for the heating cooling system?  Did see a little black turd on a seat so expect it can get into the dash area and then into the vehicle interior.  Did not have the doors or windows open except for a short half hour or so when leaving or returning. And that was during the day when mice sleep.  So must have gotten in somehow at night while I was away entering through the engine compartment?

Think will put one of those sticky glue pad traps inside tonight then if nothing, leave car out in the sun all day hoping the heat drives the critter out.  It is most definitely NOT going with me on my eclipse road trip to Oregon next week.

Edited by winelegacy

The beast is now wiggling on a Tomcat Glue Trap at the bottom of my empty garbage can.  Yes last night placed the trap on the floor next to the gas pedal,then adding a small piece of cheddar cheese next to the trap and a large piece at the center of the mouse sized rectangular sticky trap.  And this morning went out to the Forester and shined a flashlight down there that showed it to be a struggling wiggling mouse. 

Then grabbing the corner of the trap with a pair of long pliers carried it all with the scared beast struggling mightily.  But no little squeaker, I have no intention of eating you, in fact don't want to touch you, and won't put you out of your scared misery, but rather bad naughty mouse, you will have a nice few days to think about your sin of entering into a Subaru Forester in a nice dark cat safe environment until the garbage truck comes Tuesday morning.  And won't it be nice to go to mouse heaven while smelling all manner of garbage.

Edited by winelegacy
  • Like 1