Ok I have my 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS(Red in color) it has mostly been a great car,but it is having some problems due to a small stupid mistake i made...
Ok it is at about 161k miles i have had it since 138k,and i have had it for over a year and a half.
About 2 months had to pay $600+ to replace both rear wheel bearings and rear brake pads.
The center diff failed 6 months after i bought it,but i have a fuse in the fuse box that puts it into FWD mode,so i can drive it just fine till i replace the diff.
That was just the past problems...now on to the current,i made very stupid mistake,one morning i went to the store and my car went into limp mode...it had happened once before when it had gotten low on oil while waiting for a paycheck to do an oil change.
So i stopped at a gas station and put in 2 quarts of oil to last until payday to do an oil change....big mistake,i should have checked the dipstick,it was stupid,i was tired and didn't think.
So i way overfilled it it was running fine at first to the store(less than 2 miles from my house),then on the drive back it started smoking white out the exhaust.
I have parked it and have not driven it since unless it was for trying to fix it.
I did notice oil on the valve cover and down the the spark tube.
I have already changed the oil and when i am off next i plan to clean the spark plugs and wires.
There are no signs of a head gasket failure,no overheating,and my coolant looks the same as the day i bought it.
If cleaning does not work i will be looking into replacing the valve cover gasket.
But i am worried that may not fix it because that tends to be my luck...
I am starting to consider trying to sell it or trade it in on another subaru...but one small problem i still owe $2000+ on the car...
I am looking at a local subaru dealership it has 2 i might be interested in,but they are like $7k and i don't know if my finance company would let me roll it over to another car,and even if the did i don't know if i could afford the payments on over $9000...(MABYE if the let me have a longer loan time instead of my current 36 months) because my interest rate is not good,i know it is over 20% do to my poor credit score of 585.....
What do you guys think i should do?
Edited by trainergames, 13 August 2017 - 02:00 AM.