Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Correct Struts for 93 Loyale.

Loyale Suspension

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JWD06OBXT

JWD06OBXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

I'm in need of some guidance for replacing the worn out struts on my 93 Loyale 4WD Wagon. I've read through as many posts as I can trying to figure out what the correct struts i'll need to put on and am just a little confused with that specs ill need for up front and im trying to order from rock auto and the selection at this time is limited.

For the rears I know I need 4wd specific as to not have issues with the spring perch.

For the fronts that is where I'm confused. I'm having a hard time findings struts that are labeled as 4wd specific. Is that correct or will FWD work find for the front. Also what other models can I search products for that will work on my 93.

Thanks in advanced!

#2 robm

robm

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 919 posts
  • Terrace, B.C.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

I can't tell you anything about the front struts. 

From  what I can gather, KYB no longer makes a rear shock specifically for the wagon.  They have just the one part number for both sedan and 4WD wagon.  In practice, they fit, but they have a bit more preload, so you have to compress the springs a bit more to fit them on the new shock.  The extra preload will give you a bit of a lift at the rear, about 1/2- 3/4" or so. 

#3 ferp420

ferp420

im not a typer

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • el granada ca usa

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

The right strut is what ever strut kyb is listing as the right strut it.dosent mater if its fwd or 4wd on the front

#4 cnc

cnc

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:13 AM

This is great news! My 92 Loyale drags it's butt and I've been looking for something to stiffen it up a bit. I installed a trailer hitch, and any tongue weight makes it worse, of course. Do you have the part number handy? I'd like to get a pair of them.

cnc

#5 JWD06OBXT

JWD06OBXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

The right strut is what ever strut kyb is listing as the right strut it.dosent mater if its fwd or 4wd on the front

Thank you. That's what I needed to hear!

#6 somick

somick

92 Loyale

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • alaska

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Few months ago I contacted Monroe and they gave me the correct number.

Good luck,

Sam

#7 ferp420

ferp420

im not a typer

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • el granada ca usa

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

If i remeber right the new struts for the rear have 2 positions and the perch can move up and down to acomidate fwd and rwd  cars im not useing stock struts anymore im running 1990 300zx front struts on the rear with stock springs same as the fwd struts just a thicker stronger shaft

#8 TheGageinator

TheGageinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Midlothian, TX

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

Is this the part number that you are using for the rear? 300zx front shock. Kyb part number 341149

#9 ferp420

ferp420

im not a typer

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • el granada ca usa

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

I Have no idea what there part # is its off a second gen 300zx that was abandoned on my property when i bought my house i stripped everything i thought i might be able to use except the rear diff and the struts were a perfict match to the fwd model rear struts off my rig so i used them i had to change the lower busshings and top hats over but no big deal unlike the 4runner struts you still have full traval and a 5/8 shaft and also the valving of a heavy high performance strut vs a econobox strut i still blew them out in the woops though but atleast they dident bend and break like the stock ones did 20+ miles out in the middle of johnson valley

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Loyale Suspension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users