Jump to content

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Do these clips/nut have a name how do I get new ones?

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mickytrus


    USMB Regular

  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • northeast

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:59 PM



      We all know these things, these clips or (clip/nuts)  that are receivers of bolts...........  they are mounted all over the place....



You see them  holding the electric fans to the radiator    or  even can be see holding  the  wiper wash bottle to a mounting bracket.....



The ones I am specifically interested in ,   are the ones that hold the electric fans to the radiator.......   1998 subaru outback.....

THEN  a ten mm bolts runs through the plastic frame of the fan to the radiator..... where this  (clip/nut)  allows you to thead into...

the ten mm bolts  THUS,   holding on the radiator  fan to the radiator  securely........



 WHAT ARE THESE CALLED??????   WHERE DO I GET NEW ONES?    should be able to buy a pack of them...


Thanks, MICKY

#2 GeneralDisorder


    Elite Master of the Subaru

  • Members
  • 22,050 posts
  • Portland

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

They are called Speed Nuts. Go to the 80's GM isle at the wrecking yard. They used 6x1.0 speed nuts all over the place. 



#3 Mike104


    Subaru Fanatic!

  • Members
  • 752 posts
  • N KY

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

^ What GD said.


If you are feeling all Subaru the OEM part number is 45119AC001 J-Nut.  $2 each from your local dealer.


You can try here:



Edited by Mike104, 17 August 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#4 Numbchux


    EJ conversion addict

  • Members
  • 6,889 posts
  • Saginaw, MN

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Yep, speed nuts and most auto parts will have an assortment.

#5 Subaru Scott

Subaru Scott

    New User

  • Members
  • 528 posts
  • Cape Coral, FL

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

eBay. Keep searching through there till you find the best deal. You can probably get 50 for ten bucks with free shipping.

#6 mickytrus


    USMB Regular

  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • northeast

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:17 AM



      The 80's GM isle...... that is great......   Funny, I gotta go there for a tailight.. today



       Thanks! for the other source too.... much appreciated.....

                      Mike104:::  thanks for the link yeah, that works.....jnuts unuts

                      and EBAY......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users