Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quad light EA81 high beam relay located?

I have LED inserts for the high beam inners of the quads and they have been available for service sometimes, other times choosing to go out or rather not switch on when asked of. Of course the lows drop out and if I have highs in the outers which sure I do, they drop out as well.The relay I thought was high beams under bonnet on a bracket with fan? Relays checked out fine. No separate high beam fuse marked in panel. Low beams work fine just dim and makes our kangaroos but hard to pick out in the dark . you are only gonna see the orange of their eyes once a blue moon

Since subies are ground switched, I wonder if the LED polarity is backwards.....espescially on the outers with hi/lo.  you could make a relay bank triggered by the subie wiring but sending power to bulbs with + switching.

Honestly I am a bit confused by your description.

What excactly is your setup?

Quads but the inners(which are high beam only) now have Chinese 15 LED lamps found on eBay for Landcruisers of similar age. The LED have worked fine for two years until this high beam problem I termittently not work happened. It has now progressed from intermittent to no high beams either use the flash high beams part of switch or normal highway driving high beams on. Wondering if anyone has a diagram for quad lights that shows a separate relay other than the Mitsubishi style cylindrical relays near fuse panel in MY EA81 body style

Yes. I think to isolate the LED units first before chasing any goose. Boy ranter are you wrong about the night vision compares to factory lights....well, before this happened!thanks, will come back when sorted

Yes. I think to isolate the LED units first before chasing any goose. Boy ranter are you wrong about the night vision compares to factory lights....well, before this happened!thanks, will come back when sorted

Jono, there is a lot more to proper lighting than a simple "eye test".

I'm confident enough in that statement that if you send me one of your lamps and I'll provide a stock halogen lamp.  If those eBay-specials out perform the factory halogen lamp in terms of proper distribution of light, beam cutoff, build quality, durability or anything except for total lumens produced, I will send you $250 USD via paypal.