Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car was running fine but since I had some things apart I unbolted the throttle and gave it a good cleaning on the bench.  Figured that was better than spraying cleaner onto it and have it make its way into the intake.  because no good deed goes unpunished, I now have a P0122 code.

its starts fine but for no reason will idle up sporadically then return back down to normal idle.  Doesn't stall or even come close.

Any ideas what I could've disturbed?

thanks!

Did you mess with the TPS?

No point removing the throttle body to clean it. Blast the spray in there, wipe the sides and the throttle plate with a rag. Any spray that's in the intake will dry up if you wait 15-20 minutes, or burn off when the engine is started.

Yeah. It's on the side of it.

Just check the wires to make sure they didn't somehow pull out of the connector. And they're fully seated in the connector. Then plug it back in.

Sometimes the connectors just don't get plugged in fully.

Try that. If that doesn't fix it. The internal sensor is damaged. Causing the ecm to not know where its at to control the idle.